Accessibility of Excel documents

From: Simon White <simon.white@jkd.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 12:02:22 -0000
To: "WAI List (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Dear All,
The assumption could be made that Excel documentation is accessible as it can be used to show data in a table format. However, there are no structural elements that I can find within Excel that could help with accessibility. Does Excel cause any accessibility problems for users? If so, how can these be overcome?

I have looked on the Microsoft site and searched on the Web, but I cannot seem to find any specific mentions of whether an Excel spreadsheet is accessible or not and I would very much appreciate your input on this. Thanks in advance for any advice and help.

Kind regards

Simon

Copywriter
JKD