RE: People with cognitive disabilities as a group

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:07:49 -0500 (EST)
To: Paul Davis <paul@ten-20.com>
cc: <goliver@accease.com>, John Parkin <jbp@globalnet.co.uk>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
There are sites that do this (Joanthan Chetwynd's peepo is one which is
appreciated, because although people find it confusing to use as a search
engine at first, it can be learned and has the right kind of cues).

The best examples of these (things like peepo, mencap -
http://www.mencap.co.uk - and others) also manage accessibility in terms of
text equivalents, etc, which seems like a sensible approach to me.

It is not that far from what the "graphic-rich commercial sites" we try to
make accessible need to do...

cheers

Chaals