RE: FAQ Re: Section 508 is PART of the ADA?

From: RUST Randal <RRust@COVANSYS.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:03:49 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
>AT&T didn't say that Section 508 is part of the ADA _as a
>law_.

But they definitely infer this.  It specifically says:

----------
It is mandatory that designs comply with the American Disabilities Act (ADA)
requirements (http://www.section508.gov/) as well as level 1 priorities
outlined in the WAI guidelines
(http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/full-checklist.html).

I'm well aware of the differences of the ADA and Section 508, and the
historical evolution of 508, so I think that what is said on this page is
misleading.

However, there is certainly a relationship between the two.  In fact, I
would expect that if the ADA were ever to be amended or expanded, that
Section 508 would server as the requirements for EIT.

Randal