re: video / audio transcripts

John,
Audio/video content can be made accessible using the following:

captions - for people who are deaf or hard of hearing
subtitles - for presenting alternative language text tracks
audio descriptions - for people who are blind or visually impaired
transcripts - of the audio and of the audio description, useful for lots of
people, but necessary for people who are deaf and blind.

You can create captions and subtitles using MAGpie
(http://ncam.wgbh.org/webaccess/magpie/), and it also helps with the timing
of audio descriptions.  For more information about using MAGpie, and to see
examples of accessible rich media, visit the rich media accessibility web
site at http://ncam.wgbh.org/richmedia.

Hope this helps,
Andrew

--
Andrew Kirkpatrick, Technical Project Coordinator
CPB/WGBH National Center for Accessible Media

617-300-4420 (direct voice/FAX)
617-300-3400 (main NCAM)
617-300-2489 (TTY)

WGBH enriches people's lives through programs and services that educate,
inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of
learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.

------ End of Forwarded Message