RE: legislation in Germany

From: RUST Randal <RRust@COVANSYS.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 08:40:47 -0500
To: "'David Woolley'" <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
>As I understand it, the guidelines don't have formal legal force, but
>are likely to be used as the basis of any court decisions which would
>then establish case law, with legal effect.

The ADA does have quite a bit of legal force in the United States.

However, I just read the ADA this weekend, and nowhere does it mention web
sites.  It was in a 1996 letter to Senator Tom Harkin from the Department of
Justice that expanded the ADA to include communications that are done via
the internet.

Just FYI.

Randal