Re: FAQ - where are the FAQs for this list?

From: Ineke van der Maat <inekemaa@xs4all.nl>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 13:23:49 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Denise,

The BBC-webmaster will not answer, as after sending my mail I got an automatic mail saying  that they get too many mails for answering them all.
So I will look in some time whether the  expression "alt tag" has been changed into "alt attribute".

I don't know why the French are more precise in using the correct terms. I also looked in the German google for alt tag, but there are many "alt tags" in german sites. Perhaps are these translations of english sites? Or perhaps  because of Tag in german means day, so it is much easier to use as Attribut??

No I don't have time to mail every webmaster. Only when I think the site is much visited perhaps I will do.

Cheers
Ineke