Re: Is this my error or Bobby's?

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 10:17:58 -0500 (EST)
To: Seth Rothberg <sethmr@bellatlantic.net>
cc: <bobbyww@cast.org>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I think it is Bobby's fault. I don't see anything wrong with markup working
like this.

chaals

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Seth Rothberg wrote:

  Hi

  Bobby marks down the following code for a Priority 2 Accessibility failure to
  "Nest headings properly." It's a violation of WAI checkpoint 3.5.

   	<h1>1. Primary Heading</h1>
   		<h2>1. Secondary Heading</h2>
   			<h3>1. Tertiary Heading</h3>
   				<h4>1. Quaternary Heading<h4>
   				<h4>2. Quaternary Heading</h4>
   				<h4>3. Quaternary Heading</h4>
   			<!--
   			<h3>2. Tertiary Heading</h3>
   			-->
   		<h2>2. Secondary Heading</h2>
   			<h3>1. Tertiary Heading</h3>
   			<h3>2. Tertiary Heading</h3>
   			<h3>3. Tertiary Heading</h3>

  The problem, according to Bobby, is with the second <h2> heading. However,
  when I uncomment the <h3> heading above it,  run the code through Bobby
  again, it gets a triple-a pass.

  I'm afraid I fail to see how the original outline is at fault.

  Thanks,

  Seth

  p.s. sorry for the made up word quaternary.