Re: Text direction, CSS and accessibility

Hi David

I feel I own you an apology.

On Sun 24-Feb-2002 at 11:22:18 +0000, Chris Croome wrote:

> On Sun 24-Feb-2002 at 09:13:53 +0000, David Woolley wrote:
> > > Therefore would I be correct in deducting that there is no point
> > > in setting text direction using CSS [2] since it has to be set in
> > > the document using the dir attribute in order to be accessible?
> >
> > My understanding is that it should very rarely need to be set in the
> > document as the use of Arabic Unicode characters should
> > automatically trigger the relevant direction change.

You are right, if you take this page:

  http://www.unicode.org/unicode/standard/translations/persian.html

In mozilla it gets rendered right to left if dir="rtl" is removed and if
the CSS setting the direction is removed.

Chris

--
Chris Croome                               <chris@webarchitects.co.uk>
everything else                               http://chris.croome.net/