RE: another alt question

Hello all:

     There are the beginnings of image descriptions in all fields.  Try using Google's advanced search page
and type "image descriptions" (without the quotes) in the exact phrase area.
There's more than I expected.
Steve

>>> "Hy Cohen" <hy@miplet.com> 02/18/02 02:06PM >>>
Hi,

I know I would be greatly impressed if a so-called "for sighted users only"
had descriptions of artwork, etc. I can come up with a couple of examples
where someone who is blind would want to know what was being presented.

First, let's say it is an art museum on the Internet, and I'm in school and
need to do a report on a painting. Being as I cannot see the painting, I
would need someone to describe it, so I could do a good report. I also may
be interested in the styles and content of an artist for my personal use.

Another example may be if I'm trying to find a graphics designer for a
website I'm developing. A description of the design including style, would
give me at least a starting point to know if I want to have someone sighted
take a look at the art.

Warmly,
Hy & Guide Dog, "Layla"
hy@miplet.com