RE: Question about JAWS rendering

Hi All,

At 03:12 PM 2/17/02 -0600, Jim Thatcher wrote:
>Jaws has a "Text Link Verbosity" setting (HTML Options from the Set Options
>Menu item of the Configuration Manager) to speak alt tag or title, screen
>text or the longer of the two. The default is screen text, I believe.

JAWS 4.01, released in January of this year,  has this screen text option
as the default.  Earlier versions default to the alt tag or title
option.  In those versions even when you use the configuration manager to
change the setting to screen text, there are still times when JAWS will not
honor the setting, such as when the user presses the tab key in certain
modes.  The short answer here is that JAWS 4.01 has corrected all the
issues with this problem.

Kelly