Question about JAWS rendering

From: Seth Rothberg <sethmr@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 13:52:10 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Someone using JAWS to access one of my sites reports that it reads the link
in this text:

Join us on March 3<sup>rd</sup> for a
<a title="About the party." href="catalogcards/index.html">
writing to authors and artists...

as "Join us March 3rd for a About the party. of the paper card catalog..."

What did I do to make JAWS read it that way? How can I convince JAWS to read
the link text instead of or along with the title attribute text?

The page is <http://www.joneslibrary.org>.