RE: Microsoft and accessibility

Have a look at Cuckoo
http://pagebox.net/cuckoo/cuckoo-pres.html
Haven't used it but it looks like it may fit the bill

Cheers
Graham

On Sun, 10 February 2002, "Harry Woodrow" wrote

> I did get a reply from Microsoft but it is was
obvious that they had not
> read my email...or maybe we don't speak the same
English..however they did
> say to email them with more information.
>
> I have not done this yet as I have been both rather
busy and trying to get a
> week or two holiday before heading back to uni but I
will do so.

> In the meantime the latest copy of their emailed
newsletter MICROSOFT
> ACCESSIBILITY UPDATE, March 2002
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/enable/
> contained the following which may be relevant to
others.
> quote
> INFORMATION FOR DEVELOPERS OF ACCESSIBLE TECHNOLOGY
> Microsoft's developer network (known as MSDN) now has
a Web area dedicated
> to helping developers produce technology that is
accessible to people with
> disabilities and others who have accessibility needs.
Visit
> msdn.microsoft.com/at/.
>
> While they may have some way to go I think they are
at least trying.

> Harry Woodrow

message regarding
> whether
> it is possible to specify table headers (TH) in
tables created in Word 2000
> so
> that they are accessible when saved as Web pages.
Unfortunately I had no
> suggested solutions but Harry did kindly volunteer to
post a messge to MS
> accessibility team. I also tried emailing them. I
have had no response.
> Harry
> did you have any luck? Has anyone found a solution?
>
> Thanks

> Denise
>
> Dr Denise L Wood
> Lecturer: Professional Development (online teaching
and learning)
> University of South Australia
> CE Campus, North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000
> Ph:    (61 8) 8302 2172 / (61 8) 8302 4472 (Tuesdays
& Thursdays)

WWW:	http://www.unisanet.unisa.edu.au/staff/homepage.asp?Name=Denise.Wood

(http://www.grisoft.com).
Date: 30/01/2002

Date: 30/01/2002

AccEase Ltd : Making on-line information accessible
Phone : +64 9 846 6995
Email : goliver@accease.com