MathML (was: Thorny one...)

At 11:50 AM +0000 2/9/02, David Woolley wrote:
>I suspect that, even if Math-ML gets widespread support in visual
>browsers, it will not be supported in assistive technology except as
>raw XML.  While it may make machine processing and scaleable visual
>presentation easier, it may not have much impact on accessiblity.

I wonder how possible it would be to write an XSLT transform to
convert MathML to "English" designed for screenreaders, and if that
would be a good temporary solution until there are ATs that support
MathML -- this could be done on the server, on the client, or via
a proxy.

--Kynn

Next Book: Teach Yourself CSS in 24       http://cssin24hours.com