Re: CSS Questions

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 06:59:18 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
> I think CSS1 should be given up on, since CSS2 supercedes it. The most

I think what people mean when they say that CSS1 isn't implemented
fully is that CSS1 features that are also in CSS2 are not yet implemented.

> useful "feature" from CSS3 in my opinion is the idea of splitting it into
> chunks so you can talk about what is and isn't supported in more sensible
> terminology than just CSS1 vs CSS2.

That would be desirabale, however I strongly suspect the subject of the
thread I mentioned violates this principle and is just the selective
implementation of certain visual presentation attributes (multi-column
layouts, I think, in this case).  Unfortunately, there is no legal force
on browser developers to comply with conformance criteria.