Re: Images in Headers

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 09:05:47 -0800
To: "B.K. DeLong" <bkdelong@pobox.com>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
At 11:00 AM -0500 2/1/02, B.K. DeLong wrote:
>The only reason there should be an image in a header is because it's
>part of it, as Chaarls referenced. If you need a specific font, then
>you should be using inline or externally referenced style. [...]
>Even Netscape 4.x handles most font-related styles at this point.

That's not true. Netscape 4 doesn't support several important
font styles, and apparently no browsers support text-shadow or
downloadable fonts as per CSS2.

So if I wanted to use a specific font (or a font with a drop
shadow, or a font that is stretched specifically, or even one with
kerning set right), I'll need to use a graphic.

--Kynn, working on the font chapter of his book this week in fact

Forthcoming: Teach Yourself CSS in 24 Hours