Re: UK Government Web Guidelines

From: Tom Gilder <w3c@tom.me.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 11:04:57 +0000
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
On Wednesday, January 30, 2002, 3:08:09 AM, you wrote:
> The UK Government has a draft set of guidelines for UK
> Government web sites

Er, is it just me - or did these guidelines not used to be followed
exactly until MS took over development of the sites?

> There is no HTML version.

"Use HTML as the default information format"

That's a classic :)

> One alarming extract from the accessibility section
> 'All important images must have an 'alt' attribute and
> value'

I'm guessing they mean <input type="image" />...

> Feedback goes to
> webguidelines@cabinet-office.x.gsi.gov.uk

Good that they've at least got some document up - and in all it isn't
that bad. Clear, easy to follow and quite practical - might point a
few people at it.

--
Tom Gilder
w3c@tom.me.uk