From: Steve Carter [mailto:steve@juggler.net]
Sent: 28 January 2002 16:13
To: Jim Ley; wai-ig list
Subject: Re: Navigation bars with dynamic content

> > Does anyone know examples of such menus that are accessible?
>
> That are accessible - I'm not sure, that are keyboard accessible -
> http://jibbering.com/ , http://jibbering.com/accessibility/menu.html and
> http://jibbering.com/accessibility/menue.html are 3 versions of the same
> menu script which seem to be accessible in a number of browsers, Early
> Mozilla's not due to a bug in those w.r.t. to tabbing to positioned
> links.

Anyone who has the wherewithall to write the javascript for such a menu as
the original example should be able to make it keyboard-accessible.
Unfortunately I think they will be utterly opaque to screen readers.  This
is just an opinion as a programmer who is a relative newbie to
accessibility.

SchlumbergerSema.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify the SchlumbergerSema Helpdesk by telephone on +44 (0) 121 627 5600.