Re: Microsoft .NET and Accessibility

At 7:25 PM -0500 1/27/02, Access Systems wrote:
>On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 Demonpenta2@aol.com wrote:
>LINUX!!!
>  >        Does anyone else find it ironic MS went banging about how it's
>  > changing its focus to security and stability instead of new
>features lately?
>can you say OXYMORON!

I'm sorry, are we talking about accessibility or are we bashing
Microsoft?

Microsoft has an accessibility team.  These are generally allies in
the fight against inaccessibility.  Has anyone tried contacting them
to ask about .NET?  If Microsoft's little form widgets were made
accessible to screenreaders and the like, this would generally be a
win for accessibility, I believe.

Ergo, we might do better approaching the Microsoft accessibility
and/or .NET teams for a reasonable discussion, rather than shouting
LINUX loudly or listing the litany of Microsoft sins.  (I know, I
know, it's radical and of course it won't work, since Microsoft
hates us all or something, but let's at least try before we get out
the lynchin' rope.)

--Kynn

Forthcoming: Teach Yourself CSS in 24 Hours