Re: advice sought for design of a search facility for a sub-site

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 22:53:57 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

As you changed this to a more structural form, I think it only
idiom for <th>....</th>, and I would certainly argue that this
case is a <th>.

> Historically there was a feature added to Lynx to transform select elements
> into series of radio buttons but this was in part because of the low level of
> communication between the curses screen and the DOS screen readers of the day.
The specification of HTML, if I remember it correctly, considers this to
an equally valid rendering, of select, to the Windows list box, even if
designers expect Windows list box behaviour.