Re: /> in head of xhtml page being rendered by emacs-w3

"Kynn Bartlett":
> At 10:18 PM +0000 1/20/02, jonathan chetwynd wrote:
> And so the /> is the start of your body content, so it gets displayed.
>
> This is a case where XHTML -- even XHTML written according to the
> W3C's guidelines for proper compatibility, e.g. spaces before the
> / -- can cause problems in HTML-compliant browsers.  XHTML is _not_
> designed to be 100% backwards-compatible with HTML browsers, only
> about 99.44% compatible.

Is there an Errata for  <URL: http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/ >  ?

Which states "Compatibility with existing HTML user agents is possible by
following a small set of guidelines."

In an accessibility context what do we use XHTML which is known to be
incompatible with certain browsers (and even many modern main ones are
tag-souping it - see Mozilla bugs.), or HTML 4.01?

Jim.