Re: on the future: was: Re: forms problem

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 23:55:49 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
 "David Woolley"
> > target being deprecated only makes sense if window.open is also
> > deprecated.
>
> You can only deprecate things that you have specified!  window.open
> is part of some Browser Object Models, but W3C only specifies
> Document Object Models.

So you're saying all the deprecated portions of HTML (deprecated because
they were bad ideas, from all sorts of perspectives, are suddenly okay if
done in scripting?  An enviroment where there's no evaluation and repair
tools, little advice on how to script - I can't see how that makes sense.
The concept of giving authors control over viewports (either frames or
windows.) are deprecated in HTML - and were never specified in any other
standard (or recommendation.)

Jim.