Re: img alt text, links and titles

Charles Munat wrote:
> kynn-eda@idyllmtn.com wrote:
> > Therefore, anything which has a longdesc SHOULD be explicitly
> > identified as an image, and thus the user should expect to look for
> > further description of that image via longdesc links.

> Which browsers or AT support longdesc and how do they indicate that a
> longdesc is available? How does one follow the longdesc to the image
> description?

I'm not sure what you're getting at here.  Are you saying that longdesc
attributes should not be used, because there is not AT support?  Or are
you going to claim you are not asking leading questions, and you really
do desire to know information on longdesc?

I guess mainly this post is about how I don't like Mr. Munat's method
of attack and debate, rather than anything else.  Someone who is more
expert in AT is free to answer the questions of why and how assistive
technologies comply with the W3C HTML 4.01 (et al) specifications.

--Kynn