Re: Legal requirements RE: statistics

From: <kynn-eda@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:46:47 -0800 (PST)
To: lee_bateman@hp.com ("BATEMAN,LEE (HP-Boise,ex1)")
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
> I apologize for sending this to the entire group but enough is enough.  162
> messages in an 8 hour period is too much. This message is a good example.
> The author sent the message to one person, which is great, but then CCd the
> entire group.  The ccs also clog up the system.  Please remove my name

I don't understand why you don't simply unsubscribe yourself if you don't
want to receive messages on this topic.  This is simple basic use of a
mailing list on the Internet, and it's reasonable to expect you to
understand this and follow the instructions you received which tell you
how to remove yourself from this list.

It's -not- acceptable mailing list practice to complain that "enough is
enough" and publicly broadcast to the entire mailing list that you are
leaving, nor is it acceptable behavior to not automatically remove yourself
from the list.

Perhaps you are new to mailing lists, and if so, I am sorry for your
condition, and I hope that you take this as a learning experience and
work to remedy your ignorance about how mailing lists, including those
with sporadic high traffic, are meant to work.

--Kynn