From: Charles McCathieNevile [mailto:charles@w3.org]
Sent: 16 January 2002 16:37
To: SHARPE, Ian
Cc: WAI (E-mail)
Subject: RE: Form design - best practice

There are a couple of places to look for examples of best practice.

The WCAG curriculum is a step by step guide through checkpoints in WCAG 1,
with examples: http://www.w3.org/WAI/wcag-curric/

(including some basic stuff about forms such as
http://www.w3.org/WAI/wcag-curric/sam78-0 for how to label controls)

More important is probably the WCAG techniques document:
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-TECHS
which includes a section on HTML forms:
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-HTML-TECHS/#forms

You could look at what is there as a starting point, and propose ways to
make
it clearer, more helpful, or say it is already perfect <grin/> for the WCAG
group who maintain that...

cheers

Charles