From: "Rick Lewis" <ricklew@SHELLWORLD.NET>
To: <BLIND-L@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 9:59 AM
Subject: getting messages with Blind-L in subject

Hi, Folks,
If you're like me and like to know what list a message is coming from,
without looking at lots of headers, (I normally use just From: and
sometimes Date: in Pine), you can have your PBD-L messages show up with
the list name printed before the rest of the subject.
A subject line would then look like this, for example:
Subject: [Blind-L] How To Read PDF Files
All you need do is send a message to:
listserv@listserv.uark.edu with the following in the body: (no caps
necessary)
set blind-l subjecthdr
You can, of course, also do this with other lists which use listserv
software, either on uark, St. John's or other servers.
Thanks to Leslie Fairall for finding the command, since listserv does
this
differently from the way I expected.
I find this to be a very convenient feature and thought others might,
too,
especially considering that I've been on listserv lists since 1996 and I
don't remember ever seeing this command mentioned anywhere.
--Rick Lewis