Re: Legal requirements RE: statistics

Harry wrote:
> I agree with you about this.  One of the purposes of this list is to cover
> topics related to web accessibility.  The use of off list to reply to topics
> raised stops people getting a full coverage of the subject.  I would hope
> that people use this list rather than continue discussions offline and if
> volume is a problem use threading or just the archived list.

Ditto this and what Denise said.  In my opinion, if the list is being
used for valid on-topic discussions -- whether or not I may agree with
any opinions or facts presented -- then it is boorish for some to
suggest that those on-topic discussions should be taken offline simply
to reduce one's volume of email.  The risk one takes in signing up for
a discussion list is that you may receive -- *gasp* -- discussion on
a topic.  If that is unacceptable to list members, then I suggest they
reconsider the decision to remain list members, rather than trying to
shut down legitimate use of the list.  As many have noted, there are
numerous solutions to the "too much traffic" problem, and these should
be employed.  I realize that some list subscribers may not be as
sophisticated of Internet users as others, and may have difficulty
using filters or the like; while I am sympathetic, I think that the
best thing to do is to view this as an incentive to learn more about
how to effectively deal with the power of the Internet.

--Kynn