RE: Bobby inaccuracy?

I can't think of a problem caused by the lack of a title text. The reason I
leave out the information that it is a logo in the alt is that it doesn't
matter for people who are not looking at the picture what the picture is,
only what it represents - the Council. (For all I know the logo is a picture
of the councillors' favourite cat, in fact).

(Some user agents are not too smart about what to present, and so will give
people the title attribute instead of the alt as a default. It doesn't cause
that much of a problem, and it means that people with good browsers get just
what they would find useful).

Consider what you would use if you had a page that discussed the Sheffield
City Council Logo, how it should be used, and so on (Actualy I imagine there
is one somewhere - one of the first interesting accessibility problems I had
was how to make such a page accessible in the case of a Universit with
complex policies and a number of differnt logos). How would you distinguish
that?

cheers

Chaals