Re: Legal requirements RE: statistics

At 10:27 PM +0000 1/14/02, David Woolley wrote:
>  > the comissioners, or both, who changed. As far as I know the committees
>>  organising Olympic Games are almost completely independent, and given that
>>  Salt Lake is in another country they are not the first place I would look to
>>  see a change in approach.
>
>In addition, very few web developers are probably even aware of the
>Sydney court case, and the people responsible for the Salt Lake site are
>probably like any other commercial site developer in this respect.

And certainly there's little reason for a web developer in, say, Brazil
to take note of laws in Australia that don't apply to them, especially a
case that was not highly publicized. I mean, you can probably get jailed
and shot in China for some of the things on my web site, but I am not
likely to give a damn about what they might think.

--Kynn

Forthcoming: Teach Yourself CSS in 24 Hours