Re: Large amount of mail (was RE: Help Unsubscribing) - delete if not interetsed

At 09:31 AM 1/14/02, Simon White wrote:
>Dear All,
>I agree that sometimes the number of emails from this list can get to be a
>bit daunting, but as there is no moderator it becomes a little more
>difficult to suppress the enthusiasm of the group. I for one do not mind
>the massive amount of emails that I receive from this list (it is fewer
>than others out there, let me tell you
I would agree with this. You ain't seen high-traffic yet! ...

I would also agree with:

>So, my suggestion is this: if the question is specific to a person (or if
>you are merely putting in your two pence/cents worth) please send the
>comments directly to the specific person rather than the group as a whole.

It would be useful for some purposes to have a WAI-IG-Unofficial-Chat list.
For example, the perennial problem of discussing other people's
poorly-coded Web sites could be handled in this way. It could also be used
to discuss political and social issues that may be relevant background to
WAI but are not part of its specific tasks. Of course summaries or
conclusions from interesting & on-topic discussions could always be posted
back to the main list. So you could sub to the Unofficial Chat list, which
would be like the DVD with all the outtakes & alternate cuts, or you could
sub to the main list, which would be like going to the theater & just
getting the final edited product (but without paying 9 bucks).

Patrick