RE: Legal requirements RE: statistics

From: Harry Woodrow <harrry@email.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 22:08:07 +0800
To: "Denise Wood" <Denise_Wood@operamail.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Cc: <charles@w3.org>
In this case HREOC decided that SOCOG waste right body in THIS case as they
were the one responsible for the design and their Chief Designer was
Employed by SOCOG.  In this case the other company was in fact only
performing work under the direction of SOCOG.

My view is both should be considered responsible but in this case it is
possible that the attempt to join the company in the action came rather
late.

I agree that the attitudes of both companies and designers is important but
it is a bit of a chicken and egg situation.  Can I as a designer morally or
legally rely on the "I was only following orders \" defence.

Harry Woodrow

 but remember HREOC
determined that it was the commissioning body responsible not the developers
of the site. Hence my point, we also need to bring about a change in the
attitudes of companies and organisations commissioning web sites - not just
the designers/developers.