Re: statistics - for differences between accessible and non-acce ssible sites?

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 00:09:23 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
> The other big problem we have is simply awareness of accissiblity issues.
> Sadly most developers, whether working for small software/web design

And a lot of developers (as demonstrated here recently) don't even know
the basics of HTML, like <em>!

> companies or the large IT corporates are even aware of accessibility issues.

Even those who are aware, rarely have the authority to change requirements,
or spend additional time, to make sites accessible.  Developers do what
they believe their bosses want, not what they think is morally right.