RE: statistics - for differences between accessible and non-acce ssible sites?

Don't have any specific figures and there are probably very few examples
where direct comparisons between a "visually appealing" site and equivilent
accessible site could be made. It would not be sensible to say compare
amazon's main site with a much smaller book publisher site which was well
designed and accessible for obvious reasons. Doesn't mean it couldn't be
done but would be non-trivial.

There is however a very good example in the UK. Tesco.com provide online
shopping nationa wide. The only retailer currently offering this service and
home delivery at present. Consequently many disabled people use the service
and in recognition Tesco have developed a specific access:
www.testco.com/access

I use the site and it is excellent but Tesco do NOT advertise the site and
you won't find any reference from the main tesco site. Why you might ask?
All I know is that Tesco staff who are aware of the site all much prefer it
to the main site and use it instead. Maybe the site is not advertised
because Tesco are cerned that if the rest of their users found out about it
and had a similar reaction as their own staff then the access site would not
be able to handle the load!! :-) Just a thought!! I think this only confirms
what I think we are believe anyway - keep it clear and simple!!

Cheers
Ian