Re: speech readers

poehlman1@home.com writes:

> well, I guess it depends on what platform you run on.  jaws does not run
> on the mack, there is a flavor free for dos without support and it does
> not run on any *nx platforms so I don't think I would call it the most
> common.

       There is that. However, it seems that Windows is perhaps the most
common OS out there, both in the developed world (legit copies, mostly) and
the developing world (pirated copies, mostly. Makes sense, since WinXP seemed
to sell for $50 through pirates on the streets before it was even officially
released...and that recurred, at minimum, throughout most of Asia, for
example.), so it follows.

       John