Support for xml:lang and lang in Home Page Reader

Hi, this goes back to a discussion from last month about using
XHTML instead of HTML, specifically, using the xml:lang attribute
instead of lang.  (Using both is fine; using only xml:lang will
lead to problems, I maintained.)

This is from the HPR support list.  I have re-ordered the messages
to make it a little easier to follow.

>At 3:54 PM -0600 1/7/02, Guido Corona wrote:
>  >Kin,  yes HPR supports the lan=X attribute for English, French, Italian,
>>German, Spanish, Portugues, Finnish.  The attribute will force HPR to
>>switch language, overriding its heuristics-based language detection
>mechanism.

Kynn:
>Does it support the xml:lang attribute as well as the lang attribute,
or just lang?

Guido:
>Kin,  there is no XML support in HPR 3.02 at this time.
>
>Guido

...which I take to mean that xml:lang is not supported by Home
Page Reader 3.02, while lang is.

--Kynn

Forthcoming: Teach Yourself CSS in 24 Hours