OBJECT tag and the IE

From: Ruben Arrizabalaga <rarrizab@eteo.muni.es>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 18:47:37 +0200
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

I´m a PhD student in the University of Mondragon in the Basque Country. I
want to base my PhD in Web accesibility. I´ve read the WAI´s Web Content
Accessibility Guidelines and I´m having problems with some techniques of
this Guidelines. On of the most important is that the <OBJECT> tag doesn´t
work properly  with the Internet Explorer. For example if I use <OBJECT> to
show an image:
<OBJECT data="magnifyingglass.gif" type="image/gif">
Alt Text
</OBJECT>
I can´t see anything in the Internet Explorer. If I fill the HEIGHT and
WIDTH attributes I see the image but inside a frame. And if I deactivate the
images in my Internet Explorer the image doesn´t disappear and I never have
access to the alt text...
Most of the people who navigates in the Internet uses Microsoft´s Internet
Explorer, How can apply WAI´s guidelines if this people can´t see the
alternate text of the <OBJECT>???
Has anybody hear anything about this problem? Thanks.

|   Ruben Arrizabalaga Muniategi           |
|         mailto:rarrizab@eteo.muni.es     |
|   Computer Science Department            |
|  University Of Mondragon - ETEO S.Coop.  |
|   Tel. +34 943718009 Fax. +34 943718162  |