Accessibility article on BBC News Online

From: Tom Gilder <tom@tom.me.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 18:55:03 +0100
To: webaim-forum@list.webaim.org, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Bill Thompson has written about the issue of web accessibility on BBC News
Online, at http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_2055000/2055647.stm

He mentions the RNIB, Macromedia Flash accessibility issues and screen readers.
I feel this is very good news, as the general issue of web accessibility needs
to get into the public eye a lot more.

However, it is a shame both his site (<http://www.andfinally.com/bill/>) and BBC News
Online have major accessibility problems, which is slightly hypocritical. I've
e-mailed him suggesting a few improvements to his site.

Cheers
--
Tom Gilder
http://tom.me.uk/