Re: Using content negotiation to serve content variants to people wit h special needs?

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:11:14 +0100 (BST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> there: to encourage the user to exercise control, even actively requesting
> commands from the user. This is a difficult topic, since the installation

I think that goes against the interests of commercial browser developers.
They want a predictable behaviour for advertisers to produce predictable
rendering, as their revenue comes from the people who write pages, not
those who read them.  I find it telling that one of the first changes between
Mosaic and Netscape was the dropping of the user configuration of heading
formats.