Re: Using content negotiation to serve content variants to people wit h special needs?

This is fairly straightforward - the setup is that you use the generic URI,
and that is what the server provides (more specific information about the
specific URI goes into the content-location header - for example so that if
you are editing one version and save it back to the server it goes in the
right place). So that is what gets bookmarked.

(I forget the precise details of the server setup, which is specific to a
given piece of server software.)

Cheers

Charles McCN

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, David Woolley wrote:

  > http://www.w3.org/Icons/w3c_home.gif is a GIF version of the W3C logo. Either
  > of these can be bookmarked, but it makes more sense in most cases to bookmark
  > the resource in its general version, not a specific representation of it.

  I covered that case.  The problem is convincing people to bookmark
  anything other than the page that they are actually on.  If you
  do temporary redirects for everything, people can't easily follow
  a link to a langauge version that differs from that implied by their
  browser settings.