RE: pdf as text??

From: Jason Megginson <jason@bartsite.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 09:07:26 -0400
To: "Access Systems" <accessys@smart.net>, "RUST Randal" <RRust@COVANSYS.com>
Cc: "'Tina Marie Holmboe'" <tina@elfi.org>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

In my opinion, the .pdf files are not as accessible because tables cannot be
precisely marked up as HTML tables.  (ie. corresponding data cells to table
headers, etc.).

And as far as overall accessibility, one would need Adobe to obtain the .pdf
information rather than obtaining it through many mediums with ASCII text
online.