Re: Standards Compliant = No support for NN4?

From: Tina Marie Holmboe <tina@elfi.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 12:53:48 +0200
To: Andrew Johns <andrew.johns@jkd.co.uk>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 11:30:05AM +0100, Andrew Johns wrote:

> The problem is that I am relatively new to CSS so I'm still learning the tricks and workarounds, and I want to avoid using browser-sniffing through javascript. Although it is a possibility that I could use server-side scripting for browser-sniffing, but I don't like browser-sniffing in any form so I wouldn't want to use it out of principle.

  I can assure you that server-side browser sniffing is tempting, but not
  an option I'd suggest for anyone wanting to save their sanity ;)

  However, for an example of the method Jukka mentioned, I'll be cheeky and
  suggest

       http://www.greytower.net/en/archive/articles/cssmedia.html

  specifically the section titled "Escaping Netscape 4"

   [+46] 0708 557 905