image and font scaling

From: jonathan chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:24:01 +0100
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

dillo is a small browser for the ipaq pda, running under linux.

the following concerns a 'hack' to enable it to scale pages to suit this
rather small screen.
It was posted to the dillo-dev list.

anyone have comments?

jonathan chetwynd

Dear all,

	After a few months I finally got time to redo this dillo scaling hack.

	Details at http://pigeond.net/dillo/

	Right now the hack is pretty much a "hack".

	Basically the scaling is done in the image and the font. I wanted to put the scaling in the DwStyles but due the way dillo works, it wasn't quite appropriate. So right now, the scaling is done a bit everywhere when needed.

	Also I'd like make the scale work for more widgets and stuffs. For instance, table right now is not scaled yet, and viewing standalone images will not be scaled yet. Stuffs like that.

	I think scaling for a web browser is pretty useful and I'm wondering if anyone got any suggestions for more proper hack for this feature...

Sponsored by:
ThinkGeek at http://www.ThinkGeek.com/
Dillo-dev mailing list