RE: Accessibility lawsuit

From: Shawn Lawton Henry <Shawn@UIAccess.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 06:52:13 -0500
To: "'WAI IG'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> I am searching examples of lawsuit between web sites and
> people impaired
> unable to access the sites... Is there some links, newsgroup,
> papers of
> very known "affair" ?

In addition to those sent by Tom Gilder, there have been several complaints
filed - not lawsuits - and agreements signed with U.S. banks.  Most of these
covered ATMs (automatic teller machines) and web, including:
- http://www.icdri.org/bank_of_america_atm_settlement_a.htm
- http://www.dlc-ma.org/atm/atmfa.htm

I don't think any of the complaints are on the Internet. Some agreements are
public, and some are not. http://www.icdri.org/news_on_talking_atms.htm
lists announcements of talking ATMs.

Cheers,

- Shawn