Re: Conveying metadata unobtrusively in HTML

On Sun, 2 Jun 2002, Kelly Ford wrote:

> If your expectation in this example is that any title information on the
> page is going to be read by existing assistive technology, I
> think     something would need to be changed.

OK, thanks for the comment.  I thought these devices would read out
"title" attributes, but perhaps that's only for links?

> Why not have an option that allows the user to choose how they want the
> results conveyed, i.e. with color or with text.  If with text then include
> the text as part of the page, not a title.

Yes, I will do that.  I just wondered if this usage of "title" (which
btw also gives pretty mouseovers in certain visual browsers) might
have been a neat trick.  Evidently not!

--
Nick Kew

Available for contract work - Programming, Unix, Networking, Markup, etc.