Re: Page validation (was RE: Testing web page accessibility by phone)

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 15:58:26 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

John, I think you need to consider asking the question the other way,
namely, what if the document validates but does not meet the rest of the
standards?

I think it is best to consider validation and accessibility standards
separately.  But, each organization can and should have policies about
validation just like they should have policies about accessibility.  Many
developers at IBM validate to a DTD by using authoring tools that help them
do it.  For example the WebSphere Studio tools validate the HTML content
when I use the tool.  I still have to do more work to make it meet either
the 508 and or the WCAG standards though.

Regards,
Phill Jenkins,