From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Scarlett Julian (ED)
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2002 7:26 AM
To: 'w3c-wai-ig@w3.org'
Subject: issues surrounding the use of images to submit forms

All

I am working on the assumption that using an image to submit a form will
cause accessibility problems either because of the need for javascript or
because it would mean using invalid html to create a text alternative for
the image. I am in a situation where I am being asked to use images for form
submission and would like to hear the views of list remembers.

thanks

Julian

Julian Scarlett
Web Design & Document Management System Officer
PPU
Education Directorate
Sheffield City Council
0114 2735612
mob 07904914976
julian.scarlett@sheffield.gov.uk

The information in this email is confidential. The contents may not be
disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee.  If you are not the
addressee, please tell us by using the reply facility in your email software
as soon as possible. Sheffield City Council cannot accept any responsibility
for the accuracy or completeness of this message as it has been transmitted
over a public network.  If you suspect that the message may have been
intercepted or amended please tell us as soon as possible.