RE: images used as form submit buttons

From: RUST Randal <RRust@COVANSYS.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 10:21:02 -0400
To: "'Scarlett Julian (ED)'" <Julian.Scarlett@sheffield.gov.uk>, "'w3c-wai-ig@w3c.org'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3c.org>
>I am in a situation where I am being asked to use
>images for form
>submission and would like to hear the views of list members.

Accessibility issues aside, it's simply not worth the time and effort (and
therefore the money) spent to design graphical buttons.  Inevitably, those
buttons will need to change for some reason.  Whether it's a new color
scheme that is implemented, or the actual text on the buttons.  It is simply
more cost-effective to leave the buttons as <input> elements and use CSS to
style them.

Randal