Re: Accessible Navigation Menus

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 16:36:20 -0000
To: "W3C" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
"Jim Allan" <jimallan@tsbvi.edu>

> try http://www.provincie-utrecht.nl/
> it is in Dutch, but the concept is there.
> see the menus on the left side of the screen.
> tab to item, enter makes a pull down, tab to other items, or enter
again on
> first menu item to close menu.
> works with jaws.
> also works with mouse. substitute mouse click for enter.

It is however completely reliant on javascript available in small subset
of even the javascript capable browsers, even going as far as using the
silly <a href="javascript:..."> links.

http://jibbering.com/accessibility/menue.html and http://jibbering.com/
have my attempts, I'm not completely happy with them, but I'm happier
than the above one.

Jim.