Re: visibility of 'skip links'

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 06:08:19PM -0500, Jim Thatcher wrote:

> removes guesswork. The skip link has nothing to do with keyboard access - it
> is for blind access. If you can see the screen you can tab (very quickly)

  I would like to add that a 'skip to main content' link is not exclusively
  in the realm of access for visually impaired people. If the screen of the
  device used for 'surfing' is very small and the list of links very large,
  then a skip-link suddenly becomes a lifesaver.

  This may not fall fully in the realm of "accessibility for the disabled"
  but also in the "accessibility for devices upon where 15 links
  constitute 3-4 full screens"

  In addition .. may I, in the name of accessibility, request that we
  adopt the normal rules of quoting for this list ?

   [+46] 0708 557 905