Re: visibility of 'skip links'

From: David Poehlman <poehlman1@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 22:09:18 -0400
To: jim@jimthatcher.com, "Scarlett Julian (ED)" <Julian.Scarlett@sheffield.gov.uk>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
the skip nav link has been one of the most difficult things and the most
ill used and the most inadaquate cludge I have ever seen.  My proposal
was to have 508 requirees to write the sites so as to negate the need
for one.  This could have been done and is being done quite effectively.
On sites that employ it, it often does not work, messes up tab order and
is plain useless.