google history problem: philosophical, well maybe

From: jonathan chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 19:16:04 +0100
To: "WAI List (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
CC: freesearch@google.com
peepo.com offers a google site search facility,

I like to leave old parts of the site up as an archive

I don't want the search facility to find them, unless this is a history
search.

I need to link to them, for instance in news items.

howto ensure that the search facility only links to items in the
'current' site.

I seem to have got in a bind as the free version only seems to search
complete domains.

I would not want to exclude the google robot...

thanks

jonathan